Friday, January 8, 2010

Slam101.fm BARBADOS goes LIVE



there's a new radio station in Barbados and it's SLAMming er, it's Slam101.fm
Seems to be run by King Bubba formerly of Mix96.9fm [2003/04], and thus far it's a hit with the select few who know it exists. Tuning in these past few nights I've heard soca, pop, alternative-rock, hiphop and dancehall playing on my fuzzy little transistor, albeit with actual DJ's scratching/effecting so content is not just some 100gb playlist looped. The signal is being adjusted daily so better quality is imminent. I've heard DJ Abraham [house/trance/progressive] is going to have a show there and I've read NRG and Verseewild [Azham Boss -98.1fm] are to be resident DJ's. The actual launch/premier date has been set to this coming Monday, seems the studio has finished it's testing stages.

Is it time for me to switch? Mixfm of late has been boring even though Annie [love her] has been very cheery on mornings with her super topics + news. I rather feel something is missing from the 'mix' and I don't mean in terms of Rebel's departure this week.. times have changed and so have they.. what I hear mostly is the new-fangled pop-alternative, some soca, hardly any real reggae, rarely any techno/house tunes [DJ Hunter has his 'dancey' thing on friday nights] and barely a few ROCK songs. When MixFm first started, Rock + Techno was what drew me to them, NO OTHER station in Barbados was playing those genres..

you know, in retrospect Bubba was the one who actually got me into liking Benny Benassi + Scooter..

be a fan of the 2800+ strong group Slam101FM on facebook and see photos of the very NEAT studio
+listen to the stream @ www.slam101fm.com
+follow twitter.com/Slam101FM [8 tweets so far]

the site was registered to godaddy.com through WebDev Design - site i.p = 69.72.161.162

here we have statuses I've seen mentioning this new radio station.
- in love wid slam 101
- is listening to slam 101.1fm, i like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- SLAM :)
- is sooo in love wid slam 101. well done guys. a station with an extra swing in it. vibes JUST RIGHT!!

No comments: