Monday, July 12, 2010

the standby [poem of sorts]



the standby

equal fairytale affections
shared us, it seemed
for a bit, everything was beyond infatuation
yeh stuff was great; the perfect dream

amazing and awesome, brilliant really
one side of me questioned, is this an illusion?
but my conscience said, you're in love... actually
that lovely thought settled any confusion
tis' a good feeling to have when shared mutually
but
was it to be?

admittedly, there was a lingering indecisiveness
she let it show, or perhaps it creeped out
whenever our togetherness was not at it's best
forgotten devotion and stirred up emotions
or maybe it was me, who was still in doubt

the guy before, boy he knew just how to play
he had cards I didn't know existed
threw them on the table, made me and my so-called love seem frail
situation became twisted,
from a full 100 to 10% interested

cherishing his game, she left me for dead
it came across hurtful that way... in my head
begin the stage of salvage... something said
but

instead
indifferent grew I
for now I saw how I was mislead
my heart had become hers;
she'd gotten too close
she did'nt quite return what I'd felt
I vowed never to let this happen again

to be the standby while she and her ex were on the mend

--------------------------------
songs i played while writing
by myself - linkin park
better off alone - alice deejay
you don't mean anything - simple plan
i hate everything about you - three days grace
love hurts - incubus
love is gonna save us - benny benassi
is it love [starkillers 3rd street made club remix] - ilo
bring it on - lenny kravitz
love is a losing game - amy winehouse
never love another [tropical + instanbul riddim] - vybz kartel
hang on to your love - sade

1 comment:

Kuki said...

Would you believe that I'm just reading this :s sowwy, lol but this is quite interesting.