Sunday, February 22, 2009

Pop's gone slow

Whats up with these dance-pop singers going slow. Doing ballads. 
Katy Perry singing "thinking of you"
Lady Gaga - "no floods"
Madonna - "miles away"
P!nk - "please don't leave me"
Miley Cyrus - "these four walls"

Heavens forbid, is Britney next?
but what can I say, they're all beautiful songs, as is "halo" by Beyonce. These recent slow songs are inspiring me to do a mix of very casual alternative lovey-dovey tunes. The build/selection iscurrently 13 songs strong.



Btw congrats to Weezy [newlilwayne.com] on his 3 Grammy wins, but umm rock? I reckon his next album might not do well. Maybe it'll sell 500,000 copies, but if it sells like Carter 3, I'd be flipping surprised!

+ Mr. Small, Malcolm never again you call pop-rock punk-rock. Do you really think "rockstar" by Miley is punk? hmmph I hope this was a slight mistake as I really believe you do a lot for MixFm.

No comments: